Diving Silfra & Whale Watching
The summer season in Iceland gives you the opportunity to truly make the most out of one day. The combination of diving in Silfra followed by whale watching is a great way to get to know the many forms of one of Iceland’s most prominent element: water.
Silfra is a crack in the earth between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates. This remarkable fissure is filled with the glacial water and with over 100 meters visibility underwater, it is among the clearest bodies of water on our planet.
On the diving tour we will guide you through the four parts of the Silfra fissure. Floating through Silfra's crystal clear water is an otherworldly experience; the near-freezing water, astonishing colors, and sensation of flying provide a very unique environment for liquid meditation that you will never forget.
After the diving tour you will make your way back to Reykjavik and the old harbor (you can choose a tour with or without transportation). The whale watching tour departs from the harbor and takes about 3 hours.
- guided diving tour
- all necessary diving equipment
- hot chocolate and cookies after diving in Silfra
- Silfra entrance fee of 1,500 ISK per person
- guided whale watching tour
What's not included
Clothing to be worn under the dry suit and undergarment is not provided. Please bring:
- Long thermal underwear
- Warm wool socks
- Hat, gloves and scarf
- Please dress appropriately for the weather of the day - recommended: windproof and rainproof jacket and pants.
What do I need to bring
- your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Water or equivalent)
- proof of dry suit certification or 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date
- long underwear
- thick socks
- suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- If you wear glasses, please bring contact lenses or your own prescription mask if you have one
be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water or equivalent
have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the tour date OR have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives.
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Diving Silfra Medical Statement
- be between 150cm and 200cm in height
be between 45kg and 120kg in weight
- fit within our dry suit size chart
be minimum 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight and constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- not be pregnant
Participants are not allowed on tour without signing the Diving Silfra Medical Statement and, if necessary, a physician’s approval which can be found on the second page of the Medical Statement document. Please read the Diving Silfra Medical Statement prior to booking to make sure that you are eligible for the tour. Each participant must sign our liability release form at the start of the tour.