Private Ocean Diver tour
On the Private Ocean Diver Tour you will swim through Iceland’s cool coastal scene and visit the inhabitants of the underworld in the North Atlantic.
Our favorite local ocean dive site is Garður located at the tip of the Reykjanes peninsula and a one hour drive from Reykjavik. Garður is a shore dive.
We will dive around kelp forests, which offer a great habitat for a number of marine species, including nudibranchs, lumpsuckers, and a wide variety of invertebrates.
Colorful algae also flourish here off the coast of Iceland. Soft orange coral intermittently decorates the sandy ocean floor.
You will most likely notice pairs of eyes sticking out of the sandy patches of the ocean floor where the flounders live. In the area of the kelp forests, a wolf fish might pay you an unexpected visit or stick its head out of a pile of rocks, looking a bit like a prehistoric creature.
Our private tours include a private guide, pick up and transfer, the diving tour and all necessary equipment for diving.
**All divers on this Private Diving Tour must have dry suit diving certification OR 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the Silfra tour date, which must be confirmed with (link: /content/forms-documents/instructor-confirmation-of-dry-suit-diving-experience.pdf target: blank text: written proof) from a diving instructor.**
**The structure of your Diving Tour**
The Private Diving Day Tour includes one dive which will take about 30-40 minutes each, with a maximum depth of 18 meters.
Your guide will give you a detailed briefing of the dive site and will then assist you in setting up our dive equipment. We use high quality BARE and Aqualung brand SCUBA equipment and APEX or Aqualung regulators.
After the tour, we will have hot coco and cookies before driving back to Reykjavik. If you would like to soak in the Blue Lagoon after your tour, we can drop you off there and you can book transportation back to Reykjavik from there.
This tour is only available with pick up. Your private guide will pick you up in Reykjavík and drive you to the diving spot. During the drive, your guide will provide you with background information about the unique geology and cultural history of Iceland.
The pick up time of this tour depends on the tides. We usually want to end our second dive around the peak of the high tide.
Note that ocean dives in Iceland depend on the weather and it can happen that scheduled ocean dive trips have to be canceled due to unfortunate weather conditions. If that is the case we usually have a plan B and can offer you other dive sites that do not depend on the weather as much as the ocean.
- Private guided diving trip
- 1 guided 40min dive in the Ocean
- All necessary dive equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies after the diving tour
- Photos from the tour
What do I need to bring
- your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Water or equivalent)
- proof of dry suit certification or 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date
- long underwear
- thick socks
- suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- Bring a physicians approval if divers are 60 years or older
- be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent
- have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the hot spring tour date OR have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the hot spring tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives PDF
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the online Diving Medical Statement (link provided in confirmation email) PDF
- have our Diving Medical form signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older PDF
- sign our liability release form at the start of the dive tour PDF
- be at minimum 150cm / maximum 200cm
- be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
- fit within our dry suit size chart PDF
- be at least 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
- be physically fit
- be able to communicate in English
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- not be pregnant