Snorkeling Silfra under the Midnight Sun
Silfra is a fissure between the North American and Eurasian continental plates. Silfra constantly fills with glacial water that has been trickling through underground lava rock for 30 years. This remarkable crack between two tectonic plates is therefore filled with the clearest water on our planet, allowing for over 100 meters visibility.
During the summer months in Iceland when the sun only briefly dips below the horizon, diving in the bright night in Silfra is an especially magical experience. Thingvellir Park is particularly quiet and serene at this time and the low sun creates a beautiful, calm atmosphere.
On the snorkeling tour we will dress you in a dry suit and guide you through the four parts of the Silfra fissure. Floating through Silfra's crystal clear water is an otherworldly experience; the near-freezihttps://dive.bokun.io/v2/products/activities/editor/6492/activity/videosng water, astonishing colors, and sensations of flying provide a very unique environment for liquid meditation that you will never forget.
- Private guided snorkeling trip
- All necessary snorkelling equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies after the snorkelling trip
- Entrance fee of ISK 1.000,- into Silfra
- Photos from the tour
What do I need to bring
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- Contact lenses if you wear glasses
- be at minimum 150cm tall / maximum 200cm tall
- be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
- be minimum 12 years of age on the year
- be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- not be pregnant